CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Best Week Ever

Wow, I can't believe it has been well over a week since my last post! I guess time flies when you are having fun - and boy, have I been having a blast. Just when I thought life was great - getting to spend 3 weeks with my Mama and Papa Nodland (two with them here, one with me at their place) things got even better when my aunt Heather came to visit for a whole week!
 

At first, when my Papa was still here, I didn't really want to give Heather a chance (when you have a Papa like mine, who needs anyone else - even Mommys are unnecessary - even baby Taryn agrees!).
 

I had heard of this lady before, have seen pictures of her around our house, and vaguely even remember meeting her once or twice when I was little, but she just lives so far away. But once my Papa left, I had no choice but to get to know her and boy am I glad I did! So here, in tribute to her (and her own blogging style) is my Pro/Con List: Aunt H edition

Pro: She brings awesome gifts and lots of them (e.g. new Spongebob TV, little people airport)
Con: She brings way more gifts for baby Taryn
Pro: Baby Taryn's gifts were all clothes - and I wouldn't have wanted that anyway!

Pro: She is charming and sophisticated. 
Con: She bought me a stupid T-shirt saying that she is (doesn't she listen to Papa when he famously says "It would sound a lot better if someone else said it"?)
Con: The t-shirt does not say witty /Pro: She is witty too 


Pro: She watched my favorite TV shows with me all week and even knows the words to the songs!
Con: She insisted on singing "Blues Clues" all the time because she thought I was adorable when I was singing. 
Pro: She taught me some cool new songs too - like "5 Little Monkeys" - she even let me jump on my bed while we sang it!
Con: She is the worst "ABC" singer in the world. I will sing that song with anyone else, but as soon as I hear it coming out of her mouth, I will cry (real tears), shake my hands vigorously at her, and yell "no, no, no, no - no sing E's"

Pro: She didn't even get mad at me when I gave her my flu 
and she was too sick to hold Baby Taryn. 
Con: Her lazy butt didn't shower or move from the couch the whole time she was sick. Gross.

Pro: She introduced me to the quarter rides at WalMart. 
Con: She didn't let me ride EVERY SINGLE ONE of them. That made me cry. 
Pro: I now know about them and Mommy will have to take me again and again and again....


Pro: The constant supply of Skittles she fed me while she was here. 
Con: Are you crazy, there are no cons to that one!

Con: She yelled at me when I held on to my puppy Tucker's tail and wanted him to pull me around the house. 
Pro: She let me hold on to her back pockets instead and then she pulled me around the house like I wanted Tucker to do. 

Pro: She didn't get mad when I refused to ever look at the camera when she wanted to take my picture. Okay - maybe I should say she only got a little mad. 
Pro: I got most of my Skittles when she was trying to bribe me to look at the camera. 
Pro: She let me wear her cool shoes around all week. 


Pro: I heard her tell my Mommy that my speech and language skills are good. 
Con: She still tries to do her "speech therapy" on me, especially in saying her name- She gets upset that I refuse to say her name and just call her 'Mama'. I used to call her 'Dedu'  and once I called her 'H' (which sounded like 'ace') but now 'Mama' is just easier. 

Pro: We got to take a trip to the fancy Watertown airport when she left. They had the coolest TV that was "up high in the sky" (or just mounted on the wall)
Con: It was sad to see her go (probably more so for her)! We will miss her and she will miss us even more until then! Boo!


Pro: I heard her say she would be back in a few months and that maybe this summer I could go visit her house! And I hear she has a puppy I could play with like I play with Papa's pugs!
Con: I have to share her with Baby Taryn now - who loved to take naps on and snuggle with her

Overall Grade for Aunt Heather: A+, for charm, sophistication, wit, singing (other than the ABCs), constant attention, and all the toys and candy a kid could want! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your help, while you were here. It was also fun to have you here!

Have fun going back to work this week. . . I still have 3 more weeks before I go back :)

Anonymous said...

Tyson,
I'm sure you had a lot of fun with Aunt H while she was there. Next time you see her, it might be at her house and then you can have lots of fun chasing after Gus - he has a long tail to pull on. Longer than Lucy's.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a long christmas with everyone. Your sister is sure growing already.
I'm glad the your Auntie H took you for rides, I am sure Mom will will think of her everytime you go to the store!!!